FLESH INK
SELF PORTRAIT
2012


right rib cage : skull from Caravaggio’s painting of Saint Jerome
My first tattoo, I was twenty-one traveling Paris with friends while I took a break from living in Florence, Italy for school. I was inspired by a painting I saw in Rome by Caravaggio where Saint Jerome was writing the Bible, while Adam’s skull sits on a pile of books. I could go in more detail of the meaning of this tattoo, but I prefer to keep it to myself.
left inner wrist : triangle 
My second tattoo, I got in Hawaii. This tattoo represents a number of things, for the triangle is a powerful symbol representing Fire when pointed up, Water pointed down - it is also represents going upward - moving forward, and more specifically I got this tattoo when my father came back into my life and my parents got back together. The triangle represents the two of my parents becoming one = me. 
right pinky finger : crescent moon
My third tattoo, I got on my 25th birthday, which was spent in Hawaii. On my birthday there was a crescent moon and also where I was born - Hilo, Hawaii is in the shape of a crescent moon. 
right inner arm : orbits of the moon and earth around the sun
This was my forth tattoo, which I got in Richmond, VA. I like the simplicity and aesthetic of this tattoo and it reminds me that the I am a small portion of the universe, the sun and moon will forever rise and fall, with or without me. This tattoo keeps me calm.
right pointer finger : eye 
I also got this tattoo in Richmond, VA. It was impulsive and necessary. The all seeing third eye. Since I do a lot of work on the computer, my right pointer finger allows me to control many dynamic projects and creations, it helps me find things via the virtual world and move more than just a mouse. I also use this hand to point/make a point. 
I look forward to getting more ink as my life evolves these are all very important to me.