A few months ago, I reached out to a handful of young women I found talented with style and vision through the medium of photography. I found Lissa Hardbarger through a mutual friend and began to scan her visual journey on Instagram. Her vision is a quiet thoughtfulness I enjoy digging deeper into, from the color tones to the compositions, Lissa sees the world through different eyes. As she shares in the Q&A below, Lissa is from and resides in Honolulu, Hawaii. She is young, and claims to be sensitive, but I see her as outspoken in undeniable ways. I look forward to seeing her work grow and feel honored that she took the time to exercise her creativity with necklaces TRUST + R.E.S.P.E.C.T. from DIGDOGDIG's INTERPERSONAL collection. Please enjoy reading through this funny and insightful Q&A below and enjoy the visual story by clicking HERE. Thank you, Lissa for keeping it real with DIGDOGDIG and Malia for the gorgeous musing!  

http://picasion.com/


1) HEY BOO - A/S/L? 
22/F/HON,HI

2) TOP THREE FAVORITE ACTIVITIES/HOBBIES
I love taking pictures, going to the beach, and lounging around the house with my cats.

3) WHAT'S THE BEST LESSON YOUR PARENTS HAVE TAUGHT YOU THUS FAR IN LIFE?
Don't wait until you're ready.

4) HOW DO YOU IDENTIFY WITH THE WORD "ARTIST"?
I can't say for sure that I'm there yet. 
5) CATS OR DOGS? WHY?
CATS. They get me on a real level. Dogs are great too but I don't have that kind of energy!

6) WHAT'S THE MOST INTERESTING THING ABOUT WHERE YOU LIVE?
The diversity.

7) GOALS/DREAMS? SHARE WHATEVER YOU PLEASE.
The ideal would be to be a graphic designer, photographer, or social media liaison at any company that bases their business on being environmentally neutral.

8) WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING WITH FILM? 
I feel like it's hard to get the sincerity of a moment any other way.

9) WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING WITH DIGITAL?
Absolute freedom. You can crop, fix colors, photoshop, anything you want guilt-free. With film, theres only so much you do before you start to question whether or not you've touched the photo too much for it to still be considered film.

10) SOCKS OR NO SOCKS?
Socks. I have sweaty feet ;)

11) THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER SONGS



12) IF YOU COULD TRAVEL ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
I would take an American cross-country trip in a van. Theres so many things to see in the US, it'd be a shame to go through life without seeing it all.

13) WHAT DID YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT WORKING WITH DIGDOGDIG? 
The feeling that the work I did was appreciated, understood, and encouraged. DIGDOGDIG emits a kind of openness that says its okay for  you to love yourself and love what you do. 

14) WHAT DID YOU LIKE LEAST ABOUT WORKING WITH DIGDOGDIG?
The distance! It would be the bee's knees if we could sit in a room and bounce ideas off each other.

15) WOULD YOU CONSIDER COLLABORATING WITH DIGDOGDIG AGAIN?
Oh definitely.

16) TELL US A FUNNY TRUE STORY ABOUT YOURSELF 
When I was small, I saw a TV show on the life cycle of a chicken and decided it was a good idea to take an egg from the fridge and try to get it to hatch under my stuffed animals.

17) TOP THREE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOUR ROOM
Traffic, moths, and a view.

18) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIECE OF CLOTHING AND WHY?
Anything thats not fussy, I like to be comfortable. Preferably not sweating. Preferably in stripes. 

19) ANY BOOK SUGGESTIONS FOR THOSE WHO WANNA EXPAND THEIR MIND?
Quiet by Susan Cain.

20) WHAT MAKES YOU, YOU? 
My thin skin. Sometimes I wish I was a little less sensitive, but I don't think the work I do would be the same if I were.